12 film festivals - 7 awards
WHEN IT COMES TO FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS, HOW OLD IS "TOO OLD"?
Lunatic tells the story of a man's quest (Ian Evans) to walk in the footsteps of his childhood Antarctic heroes (Shackleton, Scott and Amundsen) and his attempt to become the oldest Canadian to reach the South Pole.
Director’s Statement re LUNATIC
When I first sat down with Ian to hear his story I was instantly captivated. Here was a high school drop out who eventually became a Chartered Accountant, climbed five of the seven summits, cycled solo 5,000 km across Australia and almost died on his successful summiting of Mount Elbrus, Russia. It is safe to say that Ian is not satisfied with “the ordinary”.
In the making of this documentary however, I started to wonder if he was really the “lunatic” that many had labeled him because after all, he’s lived a fuller life than many of us who are tethered to our computers trying to make a “living”. Maybe G.K. Chesterton was on to something when he said that it’s the lunatic who “lives in a small world, but thinks it is a large one”.
OUR film festival JOURNEY IS now COMPLETE!
Lunatic Festival List:
• Kendal Mountain Film Festival - 28th (UK)
• Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival - 20th (CAN)
• Nordic Adventure Film Festival - 21st (DEN)
• Chagrin Documentary Film Festival - 8th (USA)
• Grand River Film Festival - 10th (CAN)
• Arts & Letters Club Toronto / Explorers Club of Canada Film Festival (CAN)
• Ottawa Adventure Film Festival (CAN)
• Chatham-Kent Film Festival (CAN)
• Sunrise Film Festival (CAN)
• Winnipeg Real to Reel Film Festival (CAN)
• Mountain Film Festival (Sierra Nevada, USA)
• Headline International Film Festival (USA)
for more information on Ian please visit www.ianevans.ca